Good news for smokers! It’s not TOO LATE to quit!
Quitting that smoking habit is the best gift you can do to yourself, and your lungs, of course. As a pharmacy in Cleveland, Ohio, we can enumerate numerous reasons why quitting smoking is ideal. Topmost of that benefit is regaining your ability to breathe freer and better. But you must know all those reasons already. Hence, let us give you a quick 10-year preview instead of what you can expect to happen when you finally nip that smoking habit.
- After 20 minutes, you have already helped reduce the air pollution, your blood pressure level regulates, and the temperature of your hands and feet normalize.
- After 8 hours since quitting smoking, the carbon monoxide level in the blood normalizes as the oxygen level increases.
- After 24 hours, the chances of having heart attack lowers.
- After 48 hours, the nerve endings of your body begin to adjust that there’s no longer nicotine within, leading to the return of your normal taste and smell senses.
- After 72 hours, your bronchial tubes get relaxed.
- After 2 weeks until 3 months, the circulation in your blood is improved as well as your tolerance in doing physical exercises.
- After 1-9 months, there’s better room for breathing as coughing and sinus congestion declines. The cilia linings in your lungs also grow back, thus, increasing your lung’s ability to manage mucus, reducing infection, and cleaning the lungs.
- After a year, your chances of acquiring a heart disease reduces to half when compared to that of a regular smoker.
- After 5 years, the chances of getting a stroke is reduced, closer to that of a non-smoker.
- After 10 years, you will have reduced your risk of dying because of lung cancer, similar to that of a non-smoker. Additionally, your chances of getting other cancers, such as in the mouth, esophagus, and kidney, decrease.
This timeline is your quick overview of what you can expect when you finally decide to quit smoking. It’s always helpful to see the finished product to be inspired by making that change today, right? There are many ways that you can quit this habit, and the prominent help you can seek from is yourself. Your personal decision and willingness to stop can go a long way for you.
Our smoking cessation programs as an independent pharmacy in Ohio are also accessible for those who are willing to help themselves to quit this habit. Aside from getting your doctor’s advice on what medical steps to take to stop this habit, we’re also your source of reliable treatments to overcome this unhealthy habit. You can always talk to our pharmacists if you have inquiries.
At Church Square Pharmacy, we partner with you in attaining your overall health goals and even in overcoming the smoking habit. For your concerns on Prescription Medications, don’t think twice of approaching us for inquiries and assistance.